20 Feb Liebster Award.
Estimated reading time is 5 minutes
Wow I have been nominated for a “Liebster Award” by the lovely Cindy over at Your Kids OT Making Learning Fun. I have seen Liebster Award posts on other blogs but this my first nomination. How exciting and what a great way to share blog love.
Each nominee has to follow 6 simple rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, that have less than 200 followers
- Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
So first up here are my set of questions and answers
1. What do you find the most satisfying about blogging?
Getting everything I am going through out in the open. Bringing awareness to Down syndrome and recently I have actually been helping others who are going through the same things as I am. Getting messages from others thanking me for sharing and letting me know how much I have helped them has really been a big highlight for me. I did not know this feeling before and it is very humbling actually.
2. Tea or Coffee?
Hmm I like coffee during the day but I do like a soothing tea at night. If I really had to choose I think it would be coffee.
3. What are you most proud of?
My daughter Ariel.
4. Where is your favourite holiday spot?
I have been lucky enough to holiday in Bora Bora and that would have to be my favourite to date. It is a hard question because every destination has its unique experience.
5. What is the most unique thing you have eaten?
It is a drink, Kava Kava in Vanuatu.
6. What is the book you read over and over again?
Hmmmm , another tough question. I don’t tend to read books more than twice and I have a few that I have read twice and a few more that I would read twice…..
7. How would you prioritise the following – vacuuming, exercising, cleaning bathrooms?
Exercising, vacuuming then cleaning bathrooms
8. What is the personality quality you respect the most in others?
9. How do you juggle the demands of blogging with other things in your life?
I have to work in the evenings.
10. Apple or Android?
11. What is your funniest parenting moment?
To be honest I have not had any funny moments yet. My daughter is only 1 year old and we have been dealing with a diagnosis of Down syndrome. It has made things quite serious for most of the year although things have definitely lightened up. J
11 random facts about me
1. I am originally from New Zealand and moved to Australia in 1995.
2. I love cats and have 2 ragdolls called Maxi and Samson.
3. I am an ethical vegan.
4. I love long distance running.
5. I am a morning person.
6. I really hate cooking (but am really trying my best to come up with beautiful animal free meals for my family).
7. I get stressed easily.
8. I am impatient.
9. I really love wearing pyjamas straight out of the dryer in winter
10. I am scared of frogs and other creepy crawlies
11. I have lived in 25 different houses during my life. That is 25 moves …..
11 blogs I nominate for the award
11 questions for the bloggers
1. What is your current favourite blog to read?
2. What music is playing on your device right now?
3. Sweet or Savoury?
4. What is your favourite movie of all time?
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
6. What is a favourite saying of yours?
7. Do you have a creed to live by?
8. If you were to describe yourself in 4 words what would they be?
9. What is your favourite way to exercise?
10. What is your favourite genre of book/magazine?
11. What is your must have accessory?